Christopher Nolan would be an ideal director for The Kang Dynasty -- hear me out

Let me preface this by saying I am not a Nolan fanboy by any measure. However, time has been the seed of almost ever single film he has worked on. He consistently plays around with perception of time and how/when information is presented to an audience and through what perspective.

The Russos found gravitas in Thanos, and thank God for it because even Whedon said he wasn't quite sure where he was gonna go with the character. Right now, it feels a bit more like we are told Kang is menacing but it still feels a bit performative. I could see Nolan finding an interesting approach to a villain based in time -- if they could just give him the freedom to do what he wants and say "you define the destination and then we'll page the road to get there."

Anyway, this is not a knock against Destin Daniel Cretton by any measure, I really dig his work. Just more commenting on the fact that I think if there were a Marvel movie that could court Nolan it might be this one.

submitted by /u/ArchdruidHalsin
[link] [comments]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So I just finished Jessica Jones

Bitter thoughts after Loki ending