Iron Man Mini Review

Iron Man Mini Review

I'm doing a rewatch of phase one of the MCU as part of an ongoing project, and I thought I'd share my thoughts on each of these films on this subreddit. We start with Iron Man!

https://preview.redd.it/89w8cu1rgfea1.jpg?width=510&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=4b398ee8c9378d19c74a88cdf9637dd158208629

Iron Man Score: 6 Out of 7 Stars

I have very few complaints about this almost flawless superhero film. It's a great start to an incredible depiction of the Marvel comics on the big screen.

It blows my mind how almost all of this film was adlibbed, considering that I usually hate extended riffing in most movies with a comedic lean.

I do have one major complaint about the film, along with the usual complaints people make about this film. I think the first act where the film sets up Tony Stark becoming Iron Man while kidnapped by terrorists does go on for a long time.

It's immensely enjoyable, especially with Shaun Toub's underrated performance, but I feel that this has a detrimental effect on the second and especially the third acts. It makes them feel kind of rushed in comparison.

But, other than that, it's an unassuming start to a fantastic film franchise!

Tell me in the comments what you thought of this film!

submitted by /u/KallintheSeventh
[link] [comments]


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So I just finished Jessica Jones

Bitter thoughts after Loki ending