A flaw in the "causality"

A flaw in the "causality"

This may have been discussed already, but I was wondering about this statement from Vision during Civil War.

If humanity's strength (as far as extraterrestrial hostiles are concerned) invites challenge, then why do we not see this rise in world-ending events from the conception of the nuclear bomb?

After all, the bomb was the real final blow to the Chitauri invasion (slide 2) that conveniently ended all the aliens at once. If you ask me, its offensive capabilities seem greater than any single or joint threat the Avengers could pose to other alien civilisations at any one time.

I know there's a lot to pick apart here, but I thought it was curious to find a potential flaw in Vision's logic here. I think what we see is the typical confusion between a causal and spurious correlation here. If it were true that strength => challenge => conflict, we would have been seeing a lot more in-world catastrophe c.1950s onwards.

submitted by /u/gumption_11
[link] [comments]


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So I just finished Jessica Jones

Bitter thoughts after Loki ending