The Punisher season 2, where they trying to make Billy and Trisha sympathetic?

I just finished watching s2 of The Punisher. It wasn't as good as season 1 but I still enjoyed it a lot. My question is, where they trying to make Billy and Trisha look like pittiable characters? I certainly didn't feel any sympathy for them, quite the contrary, I totally hated them (in a good way, not because of bad writing or something like that but because of how despicable I found both of them).

Billy acts like a victim all the time even after he recovers his memory, saying Frank was wrong in disfiguring him for intentionally getting his whole family murdered for his own gain. He's constantly whining how Frank is no better than him when bIlly kills innocent people on purpose because of money while Frank always avoids hurting innocent civilians and he only kills the worst types of scumbags. And later he get apeshit on Madani for "making this baout Trisha". Are you kidding me, dude? You killed Frank's entire family in the first place. Fuck you, man!

I also hated Trisha for thinking she 's a kid soul who "helps" others. Seriously? You helped a violent criminal murder a bunch of innocent women because you had the hots for him. She knew of Billy's crimes and wanted him to get away with it and her daddy issues. URGH!

But I guess thi is what made it so satisfying in the finale. They had this dream of a pretty romance and it blew in their faces. Madani telling Trisha Billy will most likely die and that she did all of this to herself was downright cathartic, and the same goes for Billy dying with no dignity. My only complaint is that they didn't show Trisha's reaction when it was confirmed that her boytoy has turned into a statistic lol.

The other villains (the cult leader marriage) getting their commupance was also satisfying. And I'm glad that John Pilgrim was spared with his hcildren because he was another victim of these jerks.

It's simply great to see awful people like Billy, Trisha and the Schultz getting what they deserve. The PUNISHMENT they have coming.

submitted by /u/Tight_Strawberry9846
[link] [comments]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So I just finished Jessica Jones

Bitter thoughts after Loki ending