“The Marvels” was exactly what I wanted it to be - a welcomed return to form for the MCU.

This is exactly what I wanted The Marvels to be! So much of Phase 4 has felt heavy in themes and lengthy in runtime, so this quippy, quick-moving flick felt like something of a welcomed return to form for the MCU. There is plenty of intertextual recapping, so even if you don’t do the homework Marvels hopes you do, it’s pretty easy to follow. I loved the chemistry between the leads – Iman Vallani is pure delight as Ms. Marvel, and her exuberance gives Brie Larson’s more stoic Captain Marvel a better energy to work off of. For the first time in a while, I actually feel like the movie could have benefited from another fifteen minutes, as the pace keeps the plot moving, but there are a couple storylines that left somewhat hanging or are tied up off screen with one throwaway line that I would have liked to see play out on screen. This isn’t the best Marvel movie you’ve ever seen, but you’ll be smiling the whole time.

submitted by /u/CatwickBosecat
[link] [comments]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So I just finished Jessica Jones

Bitter thoughts after Loki ending