Quality of the Films & Shows Recently

I listen to alot of podcasts, and it seems like alot of people are really disapproving of the quality of the content-citing poor writing, neglect of source material, and oversaturation of content via streaming and the cinema.

I agree with it. But I'm not here to bash it, as I do still have hope for the future.

I came here to discuss what topic a book I love by Ayn Rand, The Fountainhead, makes aware- if the ownership of a property is the property of the creators v the people v the corporation.

Those of you who haven't read the book, I highly suggest it, it's about the free will of a creator to just not produce for the masses and how the executives who have the power of marketing and defamation can stunt the minds of creators.

I think of this often when I think of media Giants, and their original intended creators, like Stan Lee to Marvel to Disney and/or Sony to the media outlets that discuss it.

I also think often about how YouTube creators overemphasize the echo chambers of both sides of the argument. Where Disney-Marvel produces poor quality, oversaturated media that disrespects the fans and continues to do so while the audience who is passionate about it can only bitch and whine about how it is so. I think about how these characters are evolving with our modern times, political outlooks, budget constrictions, and licensing restrictions.

Like Spiderman and Miles Morales. Some studios are doing great justice with Spiderverse to it while Insomniac seems to be trying to latch on the hype train, ultimately making it a political, racial swap, and focusing agendas and virtue signaling rather than focus on the content that these characters can bring- or so has been reported by the mixed reviews of the game. Even Suicide Squad (DC I know) have a bad report due to similar reasonings.

I'm not here to regurgitate what the negative reviews, I'm here to ask genuinely what is the balance of modern influences to use these platforms of well known characters?

I'm curious to see what the normal people of reddit think of this.

submitted by /u/infinitemortis
[link] [comments]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So I just finished Jessica Jones

Bitter thoughts after Loki ending