Endgame Emotions

I’ve been thinking about this a lot lately, and some of it may come down to how poorly the MCU has been trending lately, but I’m not sure I’ve ever had a pocket of time where I was happier than when I was gearing up for and then watching Infinity War and Endgame in theaters. That’s not to say I’m unhappy in life, but I rewatch endgame and I cry every time because I won’t ever get to be in that moment watching the last ten+ years of my life wrap up at once. So much emotional investment, so much character love and storytelling that got me through challenging times of my life, and it came to such a perfect conclusion. And while I can love it for what I got from it (don’t cry because it’s over, be happy because it happened), I will always miss that once in a lifetime feeling I got in the theater that day and right after it.

Marvel may be trending downwards, and we may never get that high again, but I’ll never be anything but thankful to them for giving that chance to me back then. It was beautiful, and it still is.

submitted by /u/DaShaft3
[link] [comments]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So I just finished Jessica Jones

Bitter thoughts after Loki ending