Why are Marvel movies and series with strong female protagonists generally rated lower?

So my boyfriend is a huge Marvel fanatic. I recently just started watching films from the MCU too and I noticed something that perhaps some of you can help clarify.

I checked the IMDB rating for ‘Echo’ and it’s on a 6.5/10. ‘Miss Marvel’ is at 6.3. With the exception of WandaVision, it seems that the critics have much more negative critique when series or movies with strong female cast or female lead.

Again - just an observation.

I think Echo is an awesome show. Alaqua Cox is a phenomenal actress and I feel the show should be move revered. However, I’m not a fanatic so maybe y’all can clarify.

🙏🏽❤️

submitted by /u/SaveTheHumansASAP
[link] [comments]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So I just finished Jessica Jones

Bitter thoughts after Loki ending