So I'm wanting to write a Spider-Man MCU AU fic and I want to hear some ideas.

The idea for my fic is its basically a 'What if Peter Parker was older in the MCU?'

The idea is that, for me, its centred around Peter being more like how I feel he should've been written/more accurate to the comics.

My starting idea is that when Tony recruits him for the Civil War, he's 19, not 15. He's been Spider-Man for four years at this point, and became Spider-Man shortly after the Battle of New York. He got his powers on a field trip to a Science Laboratory where the scientists, with permission from the US Government, where experimenting on different creatures with Chitauri power cores to see the effects long term exposure to the cores might have on living creatures as part of a project to repurpose Chitauri tech for human use. On the trip, Peter is bitten by a spider irradiated by one of the cores, hence, giving him powers.

But how should I approach this? off the bat, I automatically want him to be with Mary Jane. Like him being Spidey, they've been together since they were 15. She knows who he is and all that. I want Ned to be a character, but I don't want the guy in the chair to be a thing.

How should this version of Peter approach the Civil War? What would Tony have to say to convince him that stopping Steve is the right thing to do? How should I approach the storyline of Homecoming when this version of Peter is a high school graduate attending college?

submitted by /u/AlwaysBi
[link] [comments]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So I just finished Jessica Jones

Bitter thoughts after Loki ending