Can we talk about Cap

My friend and I were talking about tier list of the MCU movies and I happen to place Winter Solider and Civil War in the S tier, and talked about how much I enjoyed them and Captain America/Chris Evan's portrayal, even though I don't have any comic background.

My friend really dislikes Captain American's character via the MCU. He said, and I quote:

  • Cap is superficial, arrogant, hothead who can't deal with not being the one in charge
  • His 'humor' is awful and insulting. He's hotheaded when people point out he's not a perfect, infallible hero and that's he's actually an egotistical character. He didn't do anything to earn his powers.
  • He doesn't acknowledge his weaknesses, which makes him an arrogant chump. Then he tags out and grows old serving his own self-interests, having never learned a much needed lesson of humility

So what's your take on their thoughts? I don't really see a lot of this and comes off as Team Iron Man.

submitted by /u/kalvinbastello
[link] [comments]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So I just finished Jessica Jones

Bitter thoughts after Loki ending