Better late than never: Echo was good!

Sorry I am late to the party, as Reddit banned me because I have shown some communists redditors everything I think about their bloody ideology.

I really liked Echo!

Mostly because of the good, material, likable main character. In my opinion, Maya is the one who should be the new Captain America. I also likes cameos of Daredevil and Clint Barton. And I would piss in my pants if in the next season she would meet Jessica Jones and Luke Cage too.

And the next reason I've liked the show is very nerdy, so feel free to stop reading.

I have recently got my genome sequenced and while trying to understand the results I've to my surprise learned that each human cell has three (sic!) genomes. One from my mom, one from my dad, and the one inside of the mitochondion.

I understand the story is like this: millions yeas ago various proto-cells were swimming in the ocean, happy eating each other and splitting. One type of them, the proto-mitochondion, has evolved to be universal food processor: it could convert many types of protein into energy, much more types of protein than other cells.

At some point, another cell has swallowed the proto-mitohondion, but instead of eating it, they have decided to cooperate: the host cell will move and hunt for proteins, and the mitohondion would convert proteins to energy and share the energy with the host. And this is how an eukaryote cell was born. Then multiple eukaryote cells glued together to build a multi-cell body, then animals appeared, and then the humans.

And so now I am closing the arc: the thing is, that humans inherit their mitohondion genome only and excusively from their mothers. Stop and marvel about this beautiful similarity: just like mothers give us birth, give us power to live and to overcome obstacles and always love us, same same on the cellular level, mothers give us mitohondia (also known as cell power houses), that care for our cells and feed them with energy. And recently, there was a study showing that mitohondia of different cells speak to and cooperate with each other (!) to repair cell damage. Funny little things, they are.

And now in Echo, Maya would fall back to her mothers powers, and to all mothers before her, to get the powers she needs.

Absolutely lovely, stunning (albeit most probably unintended) analogy!

submitted by /u/redditrantaccount
[link] [comments]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So I just finished Jessica Jones

Bitter thoughts after Loki ending