After a long and embarrassing journey, Secret Invasion has finally overtaken Thor: The Dark World and fallen to the absolute bottom of MCU projects by average Letterboxd rating.

After a long and embarrassing journey, Secret Invasion has finally overtaken Thor: The Dark World and fallen to the absolute bottom of MCU projects by average Letterboxd rating.

https://preview.redd.it/gtkzcvsve9cc1.png?width=1023&format=png&auto=webp&s=e503d3a0bd546023ad7252deaecd3718daec0438

The day was January 11, 2024. In the morning, the oft-bemoaned Thor: The Dark World resided at the bottom of the MCU's average Letterboxd ratings, as it had for almost all its lifetime (and certainly for as long as this list has existed). By the evening, it had traded places with its neighbor Secret Invasion, which was clearly crowned the most widely-reviled Marvel Studios release almost immediately upon its finale debut.

I was watching SI's gradual fall through the list with some admittedly malicious glee, but I wasn't sure when it would finally drop to last place. I don't check this list or changes every day, though - more like every couple weeks. It just so happened that I saw TDW was still last on Thursday morning, but noticed a couple other changes I wanted to return to later to note (I keep a log of every shift in the list's comments). But when I came back to make that edit, all of a sudden, I had one more edit to perform: the completion of SI's journey.

If you'd like to see the list in its entirety, you can find it here. Maybe you can spare a moment to check out this other MCU list I've put a ludicrous amount of time into.

submitted by /u/no_not_luke
[link] [comments]


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So I just finished Jessica Jones

Bitter thoughts after Loki ending