I think She-Hulk: Attorney-At-Law would've been a smash hit network show based on premise alone

Jenn Walters is

  • In her 30s
  • Working on a white collar career
  • Managing an average awkward family
  • Attempting a non-starter of a love life

That describes like half of millennials! I loved the parts of She-Hulk that focused on Jenn trying to balance all these things because that speaks to me on a personal level. I'm living that life right now, along with many others.

And while I am not a woman, I like to think I'm empathetic enough to put myself in her shoes. I have a mom and a sister and cousins and friends and lovers, too. It's nice for me to see this whole situation from the other side, because frankly us guys on this side are hoping to get together and build lives with the women on the other side.

The premise of a 30-something woman trying to manage career, family, friends, and dating is a television classic dating back to The Mary Tyler Moore Show. It's the exact type of story made for network TV, a medium where audiences age and grow with their favorite characters by experiencing their fake lives in sync with their real ones.

I seriously think if they had made She-Hulk a 22 episode case-of-the-week with an overarching story about Jenn building up her life, all with the conceit that she's a Hulk, and the Hulk thing is a metaphor for her body image issues and what it means for a woman to be strong in a male dominated world, it could've lasted multiple seasons.

submitted by /u/Stunning_Match1734
[link] [comments]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So I just finished Jessica Jones

Bitter thoughts after Loki ending