I don’t want the Midnight Sons in the MCU

Hear me out. Being in the MCU carries a lot of baggage with it. The shows all have to integrate, appeal to a wide audience, and be morally in line with Disney.

I want an extended universe for films that go a little harder. So far I would consider Logan and the Deadpool films part of this. The “R rated” properties. We could also fold Morbius, Moon Night, Werewolf by Night, The New Mutants, and the upcoming Blade into this group. I’m not saying that there couldn’t be cross-overs like pulling in Dr. Strange for a movie or story arc of a show, but it would free the group to do stuff outside of the MCU timeline.

So for the lineup I would like to see: Man Thing, Elsa, Blade, and Jack obviously. Possibly Morbius and/or Black Night depending on the story. Let’s also throw AoS a bone and have Robbie Reyes played by Gabriel Luna. I thought he did a respectable job. It would also be great if Wolvesbane played by Maisie Williams made an appearance. Maybe she is being mentored by Jack. Not integral to the main plot, but I think she’s a great actress and there’s a lot that could be done with that character.

My preferred format would be a ~12 episode per season cable or streaming series. 3 seasons with a clear cohesive storyline. Spin-off shows with other characters depending on reception.

Now the important part: it can’t pull punches. Make it rated R (or M) but not just for shock value. We’re dealing with vampires, werewolves, and the supernatural. Make it scary. Like, scary for adults. Like original Exorcist, Texas Chainsaw, Amityville Horror scary.

submitted by /u/FlightDPlus
[link] [comments]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So I just finished Jessica Jones

Bitter thoughts after Loki ending