this Chadwick Boseman death argument

this Chadwick Boseman death argument

https://preview.redd.it/d0q91j66o1pb1.png?width=740&format=png&auto=webp&s=9558a0f0e8f8e8c299b28fc1a5e995d6d8081e21

https://preview.redd.it/uxn1nv0ao1pb1.png?width=577&format=png&auto=webp&s=7c48f83ff0b583b3b00320e186e50febcd56adf2

I would say I have to agree with u/goblin_goblin, while u/tbroknboy opposes the idea "not recasting the role is more sad than an actual human being losing their life," it's not like I knew the guy personally, and the loss of storytelling potential for a fictional character (T'Challa) is able to affect millions of viewers of future films rather than the few of Boseman's friends and family.

I at least know this about actors: actors sometimes fall in love with their role, yes, and this can be said for every actor: they devote their life to storytelling. If I was an actor with a passion for my role I wouldn't want my untimely death to get in the way of the influential story of my character from being published.

And this gets more complicated for two reasons:

  1. Boseman's death prevents him from portraying the character as he sees fit, which could've been either better/worse than whatever actor they choose to recast performs.
  2. This is just how Marvel works, but the characters have both a hero title and actual identity. Steve Rogers is "Captain America," but he dies and then Sam Wilson (formerly Falcon) inherits the "Captain America" responsibility. The same way Shuri inherits Black Panther. In this way we lose T'Challa's history as the dedicated Wakandan chief, which the audience gained from the main first movie Black Panther, and expect more to the tale. What we gain from this is a focus which shifts on to young, technologically capable Shuri, allowing her more potential. However, even if T'Challa had resigned as "Black Panther," handing it down to Shuri, that doesn't mean T'Challa can't still have a heavy plot influence.

I am not completely informed on how Boseman's death affected the actual plot for future movies in development, but...

I assume the MCU will stick to the idea that T'Challa is gone forever, not choosing to recast him, solely because of Boseman's death.

And last of all, I am really curious what the "comment deleted by moderator" at the top actually says, if there is some way to look at an old archived version of this same post I would. Whatever mega-nerd would actually archive posts.

the main thread is here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/marvelmemes/comments/z0vu7o/chadwick_boseman_on_black_panther_2/

This is all in all a strange, complicated argument.

submitted by /u/ryanNorthC
[link] [comments]


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So I just finished Jessica Jones

Bitter thoughts after Loki ending