I think it's time to say goodbye...

Hey, if you clicked on this you're probably really confused about this title and want me to elaborate, or you already know exactly what I'm about to say. I think Marvel lost their 'touch', maybe I'm growing up or have been spoiled by the cultivated masterpiece of the Infinity Saga. But no matter what Marvel show/movie I watch, I just don't feel the same spark and warm connection I had to the characters that I used to have as a kid. Now not all content from Marvel has been disappointing lately... quite frankly I found Guardians 3 really enjoyable and emotional along with many of my friends. But the problem for me is that I don't look forward to any of their future projects anymore. I'm over the whole upcoming "Secret Wars" arc even though it has barely started. Personally, I think I lost interest in the stakes of these movies, especially when they became so broadened out. What I mean by this is instead of the heroes addressing the fate of the world, we now have a whole multiverse with almost infinite variations of the same character, let alone an infinite number of superheroes to worry about. There's just too much going on, and I can't find myself to relate to these stories when I don't even know the implications or danger/"threat" at hand. Another big issue is the lack of enough time to tell a character's story, after recently watching Secret Invasion, I was surprised that Nick Fury had a wife (and a scrull one at that!). Don't get me wrong that was pretty unexpected but also heart warming to know that even a guy like him needs some company. But the issue I had was that I just didn't care much about Varra. Like maybe if the series was longer and we got to know their relationship a bit more with all the ups and downs I would have cared much more to see them reunite together at the end. But When you have as little as 6 episodes to tell a portion of that story, I just don't understand why I and many others would care about it.

Alas I'm not here to spread negativity, I think Marvel gave myself and many others a chance to take even a concept like superheroes seriously. I mean let's be real, we're laughing, crying, getting emotional for some of these characters that in the bigger scope of things are the prime examples of fiction. Props to the writers, producers and other outstanding people at Marvel for making this happen.

TLDR: Marvel's new projects don't feel 'grounded' or relatable anymore as the stakes are too large for my tiny brain to fathom (multiverse, variants etc.). I really enjoyed the Infinity Saga, and understand that I've probably been spoiled with how good and well written almost every single movie in that time frame was. With that said I guess all good things must come to an end.

Thanks for reading.

submitted by /u/3dsgamer21
[link] [comments]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So I just finished Jessica Jones

Bitter thoughts after Loki ending