I wish Marvel Television was still around

Look, I'm not someone who has hated Marvel's Disney Plus output. In fact, I think a lot of it has been really good. However, I really wish they hadn't folded Marvel Television under Marvel Studios. I understand why Iger thought it was a good idea but, as a fan, I feel like we ended up losing a lot more than we gained.

I know the Netflix Marvel output wasn't always great. Some of it was embarrasingly terrible. It's hard to deny though that, when they got it right, they really got it right. Their best stuff is miles better than Marvel Studios' best stuff.

Imagine a 'Moon Knight' show by the same team that made 'Daredevil'.

Imagine 'The Falcon and The Winter Soldier' but with less limitations and more episodes. That John Walker sequence would have hit so much harder if we had seen more than a tiny bit of dry blood on the shield.

Imagine 'Hawkeye' with more episodes and an even more grounded approach.

I guess what I'm saying is that I wish they had kept Marvel Television around but strengthened the relationship between them and Marvel Studios. That way we could have had crossovers between both sides of the MCU while keeping the quality of some of the previous shows. Now I'm really concerned about how Feige is going to handle characters like Daredevil, Kingpin, and Punisher going forward.

Thoughts?

submitted by /u/JamJamGaGa
[link] [comments]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So I just finished Jessica Jones

Bitter thoughts after Loki ending