When Should You Actually Watch 'The First Avenger?'

I think most timeline orders, including Disney+, put Captain America: The First Avenger at the beginning of any MCU watchthru. But I wonder if that's the best place given that the World War II movie is bookended by scenes in the modern day. The movie doesn't explain who Nick Fury is or what is the organization that is holding Steve Rogers; the scene relies on our previous knowledge of the other Phase 1 movies to fill in those gaps.

My question is: Should you actually watch The First Avenger after Thor (or whenever the modern scenes take place -- I haven't read Fury's Big Week, which posits that at least two or three of the Phase 1 movies all took place within the same week)?

Of course, this would mean that the new beginning of the MCU would be the Agent Carter TV series (which I liked) and later one-shot.

submitted by /u/MaterialPace8831
[link] [comments]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So I just finished Jessica Jones

Bitter thoughts after Loki ending