Secret Invasion Theory: The Skrulls Filled the Power Vacuum Created by the Blip on Earth

I posted this in a comment in another thread today and I realized I have never made a post about this theory of mine.

Feige said last years that we'll explore the blip years a little more in Secret Invasion (the show is taking place post-blip, but I guess he means that we'll see extended flashbacks and learn more about what happened during the time).

That lead me and others to believe that the Skrulls will start taking over Earth during the blip and it honestly makes a ton of sense and is a clever way to address a ton of questions about the blip.

There was definitely a lot of sociopolitical turmoil during the 5 years of the blip, especially in the beginning, that we sadly never got to explore. My headcanon has always been that the Avengers worked tirelessly during those 5 years to stabilize society. I mean we learnt in TFATWS that all countries opened up their borders during the blip and let people move into blipped people's apartments and take blipped people's jobs in order to keep the supply chain going. I doubt such a coordinated process would work without the Avengers on top of it all.

Similarly, the amount of crime would have skyrocketed during the blip which couldn't have been regulated without the Avengers taking to the streets.

On top of that though, I believe the Skrulls also helped smoothen the transition with their own way and for their own gains. My theory is that they managed to shapeshift into blipped politicians in order to make it seem like those politicans never actually blipped. That way, they smoothly filled the power vacuum and society didn't change much because most of the big economies' politicians "survived".

I believe this will answer a lot of queries many have about the life during the blip and will also portray the Skrulls as really clever and insidious.

What do you think?

submitted by /u/KostisPat257
[link] [comments]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So I just finished Jessica Jones

Bitter thoughts after Loki ending