I don’t trust critics anymore

I noticed something both in “in-depth” criticisms of MCU projects and surface level ones, all critics just say stuff to support how they feel.

It seems basic enough of an observation but you’ll find barely any critic whether professional or just some guy talking on the internet (including random redditors) will ever admit this.

It makes sense though that when a person likes a thing, they actually want to know more about it so they look much deeper into it. And when they find something that doesn’t make sense, they ignore it.

While if a person doesn’t like a thing, they’ll not actually care to look into it as closely and just get things wrong about it but claim they are making objective statements on the truth of what the project is.

I can no longer trust any critic who tries to claim any objectivity. (Which is all of them basically). At best I will stop at a review saying “I liked it or disliked it” and then leave it there because I can not trust they actually can make any reasonable statements to defend their liking or disliking of anything.

Which sucks because I too like or dislike specific projects but I can’t trust anyone else’s opinions on them because I ALWAYS find they are wrong even when they like what I like or dislike what I dislike. There’s always bad criticisms no matter what.

submitted by /u/ABCofCBD
[link] [comments]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So I just finished Jessica Jones

Bitter thoughts after Loki ending