(Opinion) The Doctor Strange and Spider-Man fight is the coolest thing that has happened in Phase 4.

Before I continue, I would just like to state that this is my opinion and it isn’t fact. Whether you agree with me or not, cool. There are a ton of badass moments in Phase 4 and I can understand why some might be your favorite (such as Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield portal scene baby!!!!!) but this is my personal favorite.

I love this whole battle so much because one what the stakes are and 2 because it just looks cool the way it’s choreographed and what not. Also from my understanding it’s the only real superhero vs superhero fight we get in Phase 4 unless you wanna include Wanda in MoM/WV maybe? That’s besides the point though.

During this whole fight I couldn’t just help but stop smiling but also feel such high tension because I didn’t know whether I should be rooting for Peter or going against him, I mean this is his film after all. What I love though is how Strange is also a protagonist to us (he’s a side character in this film) but you can’t help but look at his POV too and wonder if he’s right or not, especially when Strange is an intelligent grown up and while Peter is also smart, is just a kid who really doesn’t know how life works (which he learns the hard way later on).

On one hand, we’ve seen some of the villains cured (Otto sacrificing himself in SM2) so we know Peter isn’t wrong in the sense of being able to help these villains be better. At the same time though they’re at their most evil points in NWH so it’s extremely risky dealing with them and they’re absolutely dangerous foes too.

Then with Strange’s reason, he believes it’s their fate and they’re destined to always die, he just thinks that’s how the universe works but you can counterpoint by saying how in Endgame they changed fate by going back in time to get the stones, it’s honestly debatable.

What’s cool again though is how you can look at both Peter and Strange’s points and they make sense but then also have counterpoints, I love when films do that!

I like how fast it all happens too, how Peter just acts on instincts and decides to take the box away from Strange which results in them fighting. Even with Strange holding back though, it’s fucking crazy how extremely powerful he is towards Peter, being the most powerful person Peter has one v’ed one. I also like that detail though of Strange holding back since 1) he doesn’t want to hurt Peter and 2) he’s trying to get Peter to understand since he’s clearly not thinking straight cause believe me if Strange wanted to he would’ve ended him with ease (kinda like what Tony says to Peter about Steve in Homecoming).

The entire fight is also super badass, how Strange pushes Peter into the soul realm only for his Spidey instincts to come in clutch and protect the box from Strange, the whole train sequence, then Peter outsmarting Strange with geometry (crazy how this is one of the few if not only time Strange gets defeated and it’s by a kid) then it’s nice how Peter apologizes but exclaims how he has to do this and there’s another way.

This was the best action sequence in NWH for me and just in all of Phase 4, again visually and choreography wise it’s phenomenal but also just the stakes of the scene with the help of Tom Holland and Benedict Cumberbatch’s acting, even cooler how Strange is a protagonist rather than a side character or villain so you can’t help but root for him too (but obviously it’s a Spidey film sooooo ;) ).

submitted by /u/hushpolocaps69
[link] [comments]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So I just finished Jessica Jones

Bitter thoughts after Loki ending