Daredevil and Kingpin in the MCU: some hopes thoughts/hopes/theories

Many people have voiced their concerns about Daredevil and Kingpin coming to the MCU, with Kingpin’s appearance in Hawkeye not sitting well with many. For me personally, I think now is the perfect time narratively for both characters to enter the MCU, and what we’ve seen so far has gotten me excited.

First, I think after Season 3 of Daredevil, a status quo change is welcome, since Fisk has now be thwarted twice. Daredevil’s victory in season 3 felt particularly righteous, and had Fisk simply been the villain of a potential season 4, I think there was a chance it would cheapen the heroic stand Matt took against Fisk, since he managed to basically get Fisk to surrender.

Instead of Season 4 following on from the Netflix show, the next season will follow on from the prior events of the MCU, most importantly the snap. Personally, I like the idea that Matt could have been snapped, while Fisk was not. This would explain why Fisk is out in public, committing crime, without cheapening Matt’s victory; Matt’s dead, so Fisk can start to rebuild.

On Matt’s side of things, I like to think the snap happening without him being of any help would inspire him to reach out to the rest of the MCU, instead of insisting on doing things his way. This would make it more narratively fitting why Matt would suddenly be meeting MCU characters that he never did before.

With all this in mind, I love what we saw in Hawkeye. Everything about Fisk that we saw, from his office, to his clothes, were just less impressive than what we’ve seen before. That’s because he’s small time now. This also explains why we never heard of Echo before. In the original show, Fisk has simply outgrew her and her operation. He probably had a bunch of middle men ensuring smaller parts of his organisation like hers ran themselves, but now than he’s starting over, he’s much more involved with the little he has left.

I also liked that he lost miserably, to the Bishops and then to Echo. I like that Fisk is a loser now, he should be a loser, we saw him in his prime and Matt crushed him. I’m glad that had consequences. I hope this continues in Echo. I hope his wife leaves him and he starts taking black market super soldier serum because he’s paranoid that Matt is back (if he hasn’t started already). I want this to be the status quo, so that in Daredevil: Born Again, we discover that it is Fisk, not Daredevil, who is Born Again. Then, in keeping with the more serious tone fans want the show to have, Fisk can really start wrecking shit, and maybe even win.

submitted by /u/StrawHatRat
[link] [comments]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So I just finished Jessica Jones

Bitter thoughts after Loki ending