How to introduce Wolverine's classic uniform in the MCU in a way that makes sense

Like many of you I’m sure, I would REALLY like to see whomever is going to pick up the mantle of Wolverine from Hugh Jackman actually don Wolvie’s iconic yellow and turquoise uniform (WITH the underwear-over-the-trousers, please!).

To pre-empt any negative comments about the colour scheme being a bit goofy (which, objectively, it kinda is), here’s how I would introduce it in whichever future X-Men movie new Wolverine makes his first appearance:


The X-Men assemble after donning their new uniforms for the first time.

Jean, staring at Wolverine: Logan, don’t you think your uniform is a little… showy?

Wolverine, smirking: That’s kind of the point, tuts.

Jean, visibly confused: I… don’t understand

Wolverine, turning to Cyclops: Scott, would you be so kind as to blast me in the chest?

Cyclops, hesitantly: I don't think that's a good idea...

Wolverine: Come on, ya pansy! Gimme all ya got!

Cyclops, shrugging: It's your funeral!

Cyclops blasts Wolverine full force square in the chest, sending him flying backwards across the room. After a tense second or two, Wolverine gets up from where he lay, his chest sporting an obvious and severe injury that is nevertheless already starting to heal.

Wolverine: You see Jean, you’re right that my uniform is showy – so showy in fact that I’m the one the bad guys will see and shoot at first! What they won’t know is that – unlike for the rest of you - a face full of buckshot or laser blast to the chest is only going to be a mild inconvenience. My flashy colours combined with my healing ability and adamantium skeleton is my way of contributing to the survival of every member of this team. Yes, even you, Scott.

As Wolverine finishes his sentence, his chest finishes healing, adding emphasis to his point.

Beast, chuckling: Brilliant!


It's a little rough but you get where I'm going with this

submitted by /u/Desc440
[link] [comments]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So I just finished Jessica Jones

Bitter thoughts after Loki ending