Well, I was trying to sleep but struck upon this very silly theory about Avengers: Infinity War

Whenever I am not able to sleep I just start to overthink about stuff. This is one of those cases. So, starting off, we all know that scene in Avengers: Infinity War where Thanos gets all the stones and suddenly Thor appears out of nowhere and aims the Stormbreaker right at his chest. Thor was too proud of this feat only for Thanos to say “You should have gone for the head!” which made him realize the grave mistake he made and snap! I did wonder that line was unnecessary for the storyline and was only for the dialogues. But why did Thanos waste time by saying that? Why didn’t he just snap already?

Here’s the answer: Thanos was a very knowledgeable being and since his main intent was to wipe out EXACTLY HALF of the universe, he must have known the universal population count and the real-time spikes and falls of it. Maybe he waited for the population to become even so that exactly half of it gets killed because if he kills an odd population, there will exist a being that has either just the top or just the bottom of its body, meaning technically it would die and that violates Thanos’ real motive. So imo that dialogue was just a filler in that scenario. Imagine that awkward ten second pause if he didn’t say that.

I think I should just try to sleep, I mean for real.

submitted by /u/gnomzy123
[link] [comments]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So I just finished Jessica Jones

Bitter thoughts after Loki ending