The one thing that I as a Pakistani hate about Ms Marvel

The main thing i hate about the Ms marvel show so far is the commentary on the partition and the blatant erasure/sugarcoating of the events. Pakistan and India weren’t separated because Brits created “chaos” between us. It was because we wanted a separate homeland where our Muslim identity was protected, where our rights were ensured and where we didn’t have to worry about being persecuted.

These are the privileges that we Pakistanis have and Indian Muslims of today, DO NOT HAVE. My own grandmother was part of the migration and although she was only 2 at the time, my great grandmother witnessed the horrors firsthand and 100% knew she made the right choice to migrate.

Also no, I’m not saying Pakistan is some perfect fantasy land. I know it has its problems but it is a much safer place for Muslims than India today. Just imagine if India was more powerful. Muslims would be treated like second class citizens in the entirety of the subcontinent.

Aside from the tone deaf coverage of the partition the rest of the show is very good so far. I just wish they didnt try to sugarcoat the actual suffering of the Muslims.

submitted by /u/Kooale325
[link] [comments]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So I just finished Jessica Jones

Bitter thoughts after Loki ending