Marvel cookie cutter

Recently I have seen multiverse of madness, morbius, and no way home, and despite the mixed reviews I have not personally enjoyed any of them tremendously. I was trying to determine why and wonder if anyone else feels marvel has a cookie cutter story that fits for all of those movies.

In my mind each of these movies have what I would call artificial problems, where the problem is isolated to either a group of people or the problem only exists as a result of the movie itself. It kinda goes like this:

  • Hero has personal problem
  • Hero thinks they have solution to problem
  • Hero does some act to solve their problem
  • Enemy/ villain is created in process of solving problem
  • Hero has to defeat villain
  • Hero’s original problem does not get solved as the solution is undone from defeating villain

Maybe I just find these films inconsequential as it feels like nothing really changes in the MCU whether or not the events of these films occur. Please share your thoughts as I’m interested in hearing what other people think.

submitted by /u/Heeb44
[link] [comments]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So I just finished Jessica Jones

Bitter thoughts after Loki ending