Actress/actor burn out.

First, let me preface by saying I don’t think my below thoughts apply to every actress or actor in the MCU. Nor do I think it is just something specific to the MCU as I feel like I see it in the Harry Potter Fantastic Beasts films and the DC movies.

But…

Does it seem like some of the actors are burned out or bored by these movies they star in?

Whenever I see interviews they just seem like they’re going through the motions and not excited. Now I know press junkets are exhausting, repetitive, and impersonal. But I miss the excitement and camaraderie the Phase 1 actors had while talking about the films.

I know Chris Hemsworth was tiring of Thor until Ragnarok gave him a new zest for it. But sometimes I wonder why some actors sign on if they don’t really enjoy it from the get go.

Case in point: I don’t ever really get the impression Benedict Cumberbatch likes playing Dr. Strange. Whereas I think Tom Hiddleston is effing loves playing Loki.

This is just an open discussion. I realize I could be reading into things too much and and in no way am I intending to circulate rumors or drama about actresses and actors. Because I do genuinely think there are some that love the work and the characters. And maybe others who are just looking for a hefty paycheck.

What do you think?

submitted by /u/spider_sweater
[link] [comments]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So I just finished Jessica Jones

Bitter thoughts after Loki ending